Thursday, January 9, 2014

"The Trip of a Lifetime"

Hi Fashionistas!!
I've been caught up with work and prepping for a long time friend wedding.
First Happy New year, Happy Holidays....yada yada.Lol
Now for the juicy stuff.... My friend got married this past December in Jamaica!!!!!
OMG!!! It was the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended.
From the location, to the hospitality, to the love! Everything was AMAZING!!!
I really don't know where to begin. My friend Muneera and her now HUSBAND Norman decided to tie the knot in Jamaica! Seriously, I was already thinking ummm yea vacay! Lol
 I'm going to try not to make this long...I promise. Lol 
We had so many activities lined up for us and goodies. (Everyone loves goodies)
Thursday, after we arrived and freshened up, the bride and groom set up a nice little meet and greet for all the wedding guest that were staying on the resort. All the attendees were required to wear white.
 So of course when the Bride informed us that they were having an all-white party I started rummaging through my treasure chest, I had two white dresses... One was a birthday dress that did a little much and, the other white dress ...Let’s just say I need to get rid of it because I think it’s cursed. (Long story lol)
I resorted to my ole 'ye faithful online shopping. I stumbled across Lulu's.com they have a nice selection of cute dresses, a little outside of my thrifty budget but I figured it was Jamaica I could splurge just a little. Lol

Side View
Front View

I found this white sexy lady, I call her my Caged Snow. The fit is perfection, the material was ehh but doable.

Dress: Lulus.com
Shoes: Zara
Watch: Guess
Earrings: Harwin Jewelry & Beading
 We had so much fun that night! We stayed at a resort called Secrets Wild Orchid in Montego Bay, Jamaica!! So free food drinks and drinks! Lol






Friday was the wedding day!! All I can say is tears, laughter and JOY!!! 

Here is a link to catch some of the wedding fun!
Oh yea, the night of the wedding the bride presented bridesmaid gifts to all her girls.
Can I get a freaking drum roll?!?! She gave us Gucci makeup bags…I’ll wait while you read that a couple of times……………ok are you back? Like WHAAT?! Lol I was beyond elated, then to outdo HERSELF she gave us these chiffon, made of heaven material, kaftans from Dubai with diamonds (ok not diamonds but you get the drift Lol) embellishments.  The kaftans will be featured in her line Luxor by Muneera. (I’m going to do a whole blog about that so stay tuned)






The bathing suit I wore underneath my kaftan was from a random seller on Ebay from China…. That experience was horrific, it took 3 weeks to arrive and it was too big but I had it altered to fit. The material got a little baggy when it hit the water so when purchasing these bandage swimsuits go small!!! I’d say it was worth the $43 plus it looked good on camera so mission accomplished. Lol



Now mind you I went for a wedding but the bride and groom made sure that everyone felt like they were on vacation!  So Saturday Morning we loaded up on buses we meaning all her wedding guest and headed to Dunn’s River fall. I wore a fringe bathing suit top and some True religion shorts. The fringe top was not the best idea climbing up a 180 feet  high and 600 feet  long waterfall. Lol




 Bathing suit top: ASOS
Shorts: True Religion 
Body chain: Harwin
Glasses: Marc Jacobs 










Overall I had an amazing trip!! The wedding was a blast!! And I was definitely bit by the, spend the Christmas holidays somewhere tropical bug! Destination weddings are a go in my book!!!Have you ever been to a destination wedding? What was the experience like? Would you do a destination wedding? Where would you have it?

Besos. Xoxo
Live, Love, Laugh

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! So glad you had such a blast! I believe in destination weddings.. what a beautiful relaxation potential for the whole wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: You look amazeballs in all your looks and yea.. the bathing suit looks Hawt! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I had a blast! Relaxation is an understatement! Destination weddings are always gorgeous & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would i have done without you!!!! Absolutely lost my mind!!! lol Thanks for being such a great sister! i loved this dress too!!!! Gaw--jus hunney!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete