Saturday, April 18, 2015

"This Is How We Did it .... Dubai Style"

Standing in front of the Burg Khalifa


Well Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

I'm back from my hiatus and recovery from my amazing trip, life changing events and birthday bliss.

I'm going to dive right into the BUSINESS... which is the trip I took with my darling girlfriends to Dubai.

It was everything I could ask for and more. The gist of this post is to explain what to wear , the do's and don'ts and the MUST do's! Lol



First I feel finding a hotel with superb location is KEY. We stayed at the DAMAC Mansion Canal View Hotel and Apartments which is across the street from Dubai mall.

The staff was amazing and the accommodations was superb. Defiantly recommend, minus the construction which FYI is everywhere. 

Second key point to make your trip BOMB.COM, are  activities to do out there. Now luckily I went with a dear friend ( Hey Muneera) who knew a lot about the area so hitting key spots was a smooth transaction.  Below I listed things that we did but I'm 99% sure there is so much more Dubai has to offer.
1. Clubbing!!! DUH! Lol 
*Armani/PrivĂ© located on the first floor of the world's tallest building-Burg Khalifa 

* Movida located on the first floor of the Radisson Royal Hotel 
* We attempted to go to 40 Kong (major side eye lol )Whatever club you decide to go to MAKE RESERVATIONS or at least learn dress code and their policies. 

* My favorite by far had to be Pier 7 Marina we started off at Asia Asia for drinks and ended the night at Atelier M! We met so many people from EVERYWHERE ... and of course someone from Houston. Lol 
2. SHOPPING! Hey Ladies Lol 
   * Dubai Mall seriously has every store possible ... We went almost everyday and I don't think
 I even saw a portion of it. Lol 
* Mall of the Emirates another insanely huge mall that I don't even remember anything about other than TRIBES restaurant ...TO die for!!  Make sure you stop by there and get the Oxtails.  
* Gold Souk - We had so much fun here. They will try to sell you everything from hair to Gucci, Louis, Tom Ford and Prada. Lol all of the hustlers. It's a great place for souvenirs and of course GOLD!

We went shopping other places like the souk across from Dubai mall .…I forgot the name. Lol Sorry

3. I know this is going to sound corny but the bus tour was so informative and a great way to learn about Dubai as well as seeing most of the key areas. 
Dubai apartments


    Views of Dubai Skyline
On top of Double Decker tour bus pictured in front of Jumeriah Hotel : You may purchase the WanderLust Shirt from  HERE
Dubai Atlantis
As apart of the tour you can stop at various places to shop, eat or take pictures. My friends and I clearly took advantage of pictures and shopping. Lol (Sorry Sheba) 


4. Desert Safari. It was sooooooo FUN! We were blessed with the BEST driver EVER! He had no problems getting in tune with the sand dunes. Look up Safari Desert Rides.… make reservation and ENJOY! Our safari included: Land Cruiser ride through the sand dunes, Buffet dinner/drinks, Camel Ride, Shisha and Henna. You can wear anything comfortable but of course we had to do it right lol So we were #TEAMOVERDRESSED! You can purchase these beautiful kaftans at https://www.etsy.com/shop/LuxorbyMuneera !!!


5. I'm only posting this idea because it would have been AWESOME... Unfortunately we ran into a sand storm (side eye) but look into booking a yacht at the marina. We rented one for 2 hours but mother nature was NOT having it.  
Sand Storm lasted from morning to about 4pm 


So we ended going to the beach in the evening .... Jumeriah Beach that is.

5. Abu Dhabi - we went there solely to visit the Sheikh Zayed Mosque, which was an hour and 30 minute drive. You can take a taxi, fly or the Tour bus also offers trips to Abu Dhabi (not recommended; you'll have to wait till they actually leave) The mosque is so beautiful and such a calming breathtaking experience. You do have to be covered from head to toe, the mosque lends abayas for the tour, but of course this is how we did it. Posing is limited, they will stop you. Opposite sex touching is also a no go. 


Last but not least visiting the one of the world's 7 seven star hotel, Burg Al Arab.  Talk about luxury! Opulence! You can't get into the hotel without having a room, afternoon tea or cocktail hour. We opted for cocktail hour , since we were celebrating birthdays and wanted to explore the night life afterwards. We drank, ate appetizers and totally used almost every area to take pictures ...so hilarious!

Overall it was a great trip. We were there for 6 days and squeezed in as much as we could. I don't believe we slept for more than 4/5 hours a night. I hope this post gave you an insight if planning on traveling to Dubai. As far as dressing , I'd say keep it classy, no booty shorts, if you plan on going sleeveless ladies bring a scarf/cardigan for your shoulders. Most importantly be open minded, enjoy your trip and takes pictures! I probably have over a thousand pictures  and I crammed in as much as I could in this post but if you have any questions, comment below and I'll def answer to the best of my ability. 

Besos xoxo

Ms. Isha 


No comments:

Post a Comment