Monday, November 11, 2013

"The Unknown Street"



For many years I wandered on familiar streets, different  paths but same destination. 
One day I came across an unknown street, it was a new development so my interest was at peak.
 I limply left my familiar streets in the hopes of finding something refreshingly exciting ,so I made a left turn on unknown street. 
As I walked with my armored walls surrounding me, this place felt different it was fun & promising. I continued to limp from street to street every building was staged beautifully, gleaming lights, sparkled confetti ,oh the excitement I was experiencing ,my pace quickened with joy. 
Doubtfully some places looked familiar but surely I was somewhere else. I continued on my journey, I lost a wall but feeling confident I wasn't bothered, this was an unknown street. 
I began seeing cautions signs but no danger was presented... I lost another walled armor still unbothered on this unknown street, bliss had never felt like this before so I kept on walking.... Then there it was ...a dead end ...my heart dropped, tears streamed down my face, this wasn't an unknown street it was merger with my familiar streets  just a different path to take me to the same destination. 
Do I turn around to travel in another direction on the hopes of never ending bliss only this time I'd make a right turn instead of a left ? Or do I go back to my familiar streets.... Defeat.