Thursday, June 19, 2014

"How to go Swimsuit Shopping"

"You say you dropping 10 pounds preparing for summer and you don't do it for the man, men never notice"

Everyone from Drake to your peers know that when its the summer time you gotta get prepared!
The most exciting part of it...well for some and dreadful for others is swimsuit shopping. 

I have some easy steps to buy a swimsuit that is cute, fun and affordable.

The first step to buying a swimsuit is always being comfortable in your own skin. My motto is wear what makes you happy! Whatever you feel like majestically walking around in ...DO it! Don't let these magazines tell you that since you're considered a "pear shape" you can only wear tankinis"...Pshhhhhhhh as long as you exude confidence you'll look good at any pool party or beach!



The second step is finding the right color that suits your skin tone. You don't want anything washing your beautiful skin tone out. For my skin tone, I find wearing earth tones works for me, as well as vibrant neon colors.

The third step is finding great swimsuits for an AMAZING price. You don't have to break the bank to cop THE bathing suit. If you're anything like me, I like to have a variety of pieces so buying one for $100 is not going to cut it. Always do research, find sales, and look for coupons. I shop online ....A LOT! Lol. Websites that I've always had luck on are www.asos.com (sales), www.nastygal.com and sometimes even www.forever21.com .Oh yea Target always has swimsuits pieces on sale and when I say sale I mean $9.98 (that makes me giddy)!!

The fourth step is my favorite step.... You don't have to be a match! I think all of my bathing suits are separate buys. One of the awesome things about about buying two pieces is mix matching. I typically try to stay in the same color family but they are hardly ever the same brand or even the same store for that matter. If I a have matching swimsuit its probably because I'm buying it on a spur of the moment swim action. One pieces are good finds too,because you can make it an outfit on the way to the beach, or a pool kickback. Throw on the one piece pair it with some ripped boyfriend jeans or cut off shorts, put on some cute wedges and just like that, you have an outfit!

The fifth step is wearing your size! I always say "save the cheeks for the sheets" Lol. I'm by far a conservative dresser, but I do feel like since we already have on little to nothing....why go the extra mile and having the cheeks ALL the way (totally my opinion) out. Now, if you have on a thong bikini...well you have on a thong bikini (i love seeing girls being comfortable enough to do that) so flaunt it. Just make sure if you have on a full bottom that it's not only covering the left cheek and making your right cheek mad jealous. Lol. As for the top, make sure Pamela and Anderson get full support and no Janet Jackson slip ups.

I've posted some pictures of some of my swimsuits:



 Summer: "Where the hair gets lighter and the shorts get shorter"

What are your go to styles? Where do you typically shop for swimsuits?
Comment below.
If you have any luck with my steps...let me know!!

Live, love laugh and stay Fab!
Besos x

No comments:

Post a Comment