Friday, October 11, 2013

Adventures Of The Black Girls Hair

Haven't we all heard that phrase, "I need to get my hair done"?
Now for black girls that can mean a number of things, it can be braids, a blow out, flat iron, a sew in to add extensions, Bantu knots or even a good ole bun. Now for me; Any of those particular hair styles can apply. Lol I love changing up my hair. I love the versatile ways of how I can look.
A few friends of mine, asked why I had not started the natural journey. Truth be told is I tried it once before and lets just say I found a new respect for girls who wear their hair in a natural state. I never knew how much work you girls put into making sure your hair stayed looking so superb. People always say to me ,"I couldn't wear weave, because it takes too much maintenance" I totally disagree. I could be being bias, being that I love weave like basketball players love playing basketball. Lol It's the greatest discovery ever. Yes yes yes, I know your going to give me the speech on how I should embrace my heritage and not fall victim to the media on how I should look. Welp. I still love my weave.
I recently challenged myself to not wearing weave for a whole month. Oh my. I didn't exactly know what I set myself up for. I'm currently on week 3 and 4 days, while I thoroughly enjoy feeling my scalp, where I do not find any thrill in is what do to my hair.

First picture is just a compilation of hairstyles I do occasionally, obviously not the pixie cut. Lol
Second picture: is the hairstyles I did in my one month no weave challenge. 
Natural and my fellow weavelogist. What are your go to hair styles?
 Besos. Xo
Live,Love, Laugh and Stay Fab.

No comments:

Post a Comment